2021 New Year's Hopes
For me the idea of writing New Year's often sounded cheesy and conceited when I was growing up. But now I just see it mostly as cheesy with a bit of dreaming. It's not necessarily that what I write be realistic or doable. But it's important to me to give myself some space to hope and dream for things that I want. As the year goes along I like to revisit, sometimes re-write some of these, as way to check-in and to check my course and where I'm headed. Often by mid-year my worries and thoughts have changed considerably that the list only makes sense to gauge where I was on this day.
For this year I wanted to keep these more general, as the purpose isn't to make a list of goals I'll actually reach. Areas of focus are generally: "Personal," "Body and Health," "Career Art and Education," "Communications and Finance" (Sub category of Career). So let's go.
- Read more books
- Use less Instagram
- Eat less meat, especially while in Brazil (For the environment, mainly)
- Figure out how to make some natural cleaning products (Soap, Deodorant, Shampoo and Conditioner?)
- Make a kiln and fire ceramics in Brazil
- Travel once for leisure
- Process COVID-19 and all the 2020 was
- Get in a long-term relationship that isn't just because I put it on here as a goal or because I'm an unhealthy individual who needs someone else
Body and Health:
- Finish my teeth braces procedure and get my jaw surgery
- Find a good (and relatively cheap) Psychologist that I can continue with
- Cook more of my own food, eat more raw vegetables, and Fruit
- Find a good sleep routine that works with my body
- Strengthen core for a better posture (Especially when drawing or making ceramics)
Career, Art and Education:
- Host one virtual drawing, art hang-out, event per month in 2021
- Post 1 Youtube Video a Month
- Grow Patreon to a community of 20 people
- Publish one book
- Find an agent to represent me
- Find a gallery to represent my work
- Apply for Grad School for Fall 2022
- Launch The Blank Space Collective and not flunk (It's coming soon!)
Communications and Finance:
- Send out one "I Keep on Dreaming" Newsletter per month (Sign up here to receive it in your email box)
- Get 100 subscribers to "I Keep on Dreaming"
- Make $20.000 from art alone in the year (Commissions, Store Sales, Freelance)
- Be punctual and effective in communicating with clients and requesting payments (No later than one day replies)
- 1000 Followers on Instagram
- Stay active on social platforms
- Get back to making TikTok Videos?
- Start streaming again?